Facebook is the world’s most popular social network website, with an estimated user base of over 2.3 million users worldwide. The majority of Facebook’s user base is on a mobile platform, including iOS and Android. The native Facebook app on iOS is great for using the network; however, it doesn’t offer an option to download a video onto your phone. If you are using an iPhone/iPad, there’s an app that can download Facebook video for you.
MyMedia is a file manager that allows you to download various media content onto your iOS device. In the case of videos, you can download them from a website (third-party downloader) and save them to your camera roll.. The app is free, too, so that’s an added advantage.
1. Download the free MyMedia app to your iPhone/iPad. It requires your device to be running iOS 9 or later.
2. Open the Facebook app or Facebook in your mobile browser. Navigate to the video you want to download. Ensure that the video sharing setting is set to “Public,” otherwise MyMedia won’t be able to download the video.
3. Copy the video link. This can easily be done by pressing the “Share button -> More Options -> Copy” (shown above). This will automatically copy the video link to the clipboard.
4. Open the MyMedia app, and select the browser tab. In the address bar, enter “fbdown.net” and press Enter.
5. Once the website has opened, in the download link area, paste the link for the Facebook video you copied earlier.
6. Now, select the quality you’d like to download the video in. You can choose from either HQ quality or Normal (Standard) quality.
7. Enter in a name for the file and press Enter. The video will start downloading.
8. Once downloaded, tap outside of the dialog box and open the “Media” tab from the bottom of the screen.
9. Tap on the video name you just downloaded and select “Save to Camera Roll.” Give the app permission to do so when prompted.
You can also download videos from any other platform such as Youtube by simply entering a Youtube download website link in the Browser tab and the Youtube video link on the respective website. Use the same method described above to save the video to your camera roll.
That’s it. You’ll now find your video in your device’s camera roll where you can watch it later or send it to anyone you might want to. Unfortunately, the method is not as good as having a direct Facebook in-app option to download videos, but until we get that on iOS (which might be a long time), this is a good alternative.
Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know in the Comments section below.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox