Apple’s Camera app can shoot photos in “Burst Mode” (available on iPhones and iPads). That means you can take dozens of pictures at once, then choose which ones you’d like to use later on. However, considering photos can take up a significant portion of your device’s storage, you’ll want to be careful when using this feature.
If you’ve been using “Burst Mode” on your iPhone, you have hundreds (if not thousands) of duplicate photos. Therefore, let’s take a look at how to delete duplicate burst photos on your iPhone, helping you reclaim some much-needed free space.
Delete Duplicate Burst Photos on iPhone
As you can imagine, we are using the Photos app to control your gallery of burst photos. Below is the complete step-by-step guide.
1. Begin by launching the Photos app. The ability to edit burst photos is available on both iPhones and iPads, and this method works with iCloud photos as well. All you need is the Photos app.
2. Navigate to your burst photos, which can be done in several ways. The “traditional” way would be to use the Photos app’s main interface, accessible via the Library tab. However, there’s also a way to narrow down your search. Click on the “Albums” tab and scroll down until you see “Bursts.” Tap to open this album.
3. When you take burst photos, the Photos app will present them as a single photo via its interface. If you take a close look at your gallery, you’ll see that your burst photos are slightly different than the rest. Go ahead and pick the individual gallery of burst photos you’d like to edit.
4. Take a look at the bottom-positioned toolbar. You’ll see three icons along with an option for “Select.” Tap on that to enter the chosen burst photo gallery.
5. You should see your entire burst photo gallery. Scroll left and right to see all of the images found within that single gallery. Also, notice a series of small empty circles in each photo’s bottom-right corner.
6. Feel free to scroll left or right, then tap on the images you’d like to keep. When you select them, you’re instructing the Photos app to mark them as your favorites. This is an important step when it comes to deleting duplicate burst photos on your iPhone.
7. Once you’re happy with your selections, tap on “Done” (visible in the top-right corner). You should see a pop-up menu at the bottom of your iPhone’s screen.
8. To keep the images you’ve previously selected, make sure to tap on “Keep Only Favorites.” This will prompt the Photos app to delete the images you didn’t select.
Return to the Photos app, where you’ll find the previously selected burst photos as individual photos. In other words, they will no longer be a part of a single burst photo gallery. This doesn’t only make it easier to organize and edit your library but falso helps with your iPhone’s storage.
Now that you’ve learned how to delete duplicate burst photos on your iPhone, why not take this chance to expand your knowledge a bit more and learn how to edit photos on your iPhone? Then make sure to check the best photo-editing apps for iOS in 2021.