Among the many enhancements Apple unveiled with the release of iOS 13, few have received as much praise as the enhanced Share Sheet. When you want to share something from your iPhone, tweet it, or save it to an app, the Share Sheet is your go-to. Keep reading for some great tips on customizing the Share Sheet on iOS so it works perfectly for you.
Customize App Sharing Bar
Better identified as the horizontal row that starts off with the white AirDrop icon, the App Sharing Bar is one of the best aspects of the improved Share Sheet. This row of icons is based on what your device thinks you want to use and it learns over time. You’ll find Messages, Mail, Pocket, Notes, Facebook, Reddit, a weather app or any other apps you use frequently.
To change what apps visibly appear on this line:
1. Scroll all the way to the right until you reach an icon that is labeled “More”. You can’t miss it as it is at the end of the row.
2. Tap Edit at the top right-hand side of the screen. All of your recently used apps have a red circle while all of the apps below have a green circle. The only app that remains permanent is AirDrop and it cannot be moved.
3. The “Suggestions” are apps that also see heavy use on your device but less so than the others listed under “Favorites”.
4. You now have two options. Rearrange the apps in your Favorites by tapping the three horizontal bars on the right side and move the app up or down. This will reposition the app in your Favorites. Alternatively, you can swap and replace the apps listed in Suggestions with those listed in Favorites.
5. Once you are done dragging around your Favorites or replacing them with Suggestions, press Done.
6. Open your Share Sheet again, and you will see all of your changes right away.
Customize the Action Section
Whereas the app-sharing bar is all about specific app uses, the “Action Section” is more about performing a specific action. Do you want to copy and share a URL? Do you want to use a shortcut? The Action Section is where you will go for these types of tasks.
1. In any app, tap on the Share button. This button looks like a square with an arrow pointing north rising out of it.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the Share Sheet and click “Edit Actions.”
3. Like the section above, you have a multitude of options including Favorites, Safari and Other Actions.
4. To remove anything currently listed in the Favorites, tap on the red circle with the minus symbol. In order to add any extras to Safari, tap on any of the green plus buttons. Do the same with Other Actions. Just tap on the green plus button, and they will automatically move up to Favorites.
5. When you’re finished rearranging, tap on the Done button. All of your changes will be reflected when you return back to the Share Sheet screen.
As powerful as Apple’s new Share Sheet can be, it’s also incredibly easy to customize. There are bound to be even more changes you want to make down the road as you come across new apps, Shortcuts, or functions. Apple’s decision to redesign the Share Sheet is one of the best features of iOS 13. That the Share Sheet looks even cooler in Dark Mode is just a bonus.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox