It often happens that we receive an email from someone but are just not ready to reply to it. The email then slips down in the inbox, and it often gets forgotten in the midst of other emails. One of the ways to deal with this issue is to set a reminder to reply to the email. You can create a manual reminder in the Reminders app, but that is not the most convenient way, is it?
Fortunately, the Reminders app allows you to easily create a reminder that notifies you when you should reply to an email. You can define the time and location when you wish to be reminded.
Here’s the process for turning an email into a reminder.
Creating a Reminder for an Email
1. Launch the Mail app on your Mac by clicking on Launchpad in your dock and searching for and clicking on Mail.
2. When the app launches, select the email you wish to be reminded about by clicking on the email.
3. Launch the Reminders app on your Mac by clicking on Launchpad in your dock and searching for and clicking on Reminders.
4. When the Reminders app launches, drag the email you wish to be reminded about from the Mail app over to the blank space in the Reminders app. It should create a new reminder in the app along with a link that lets you quickly see the email you have created a reminder about.
5. The next thing is to set a time for the reminder. To do that click on the “i” icon next to the reminder name.
Check the box that says “On a Day.” Once you have done that, you should be able to see the date and time for the reminder. You can click on them to modify them according to your needs.
Not only can you set the app to remind you on a specific day, but you can also set the app to remind you when you are at a specific location by just checking the box labeled “At a Location.” You can then enter the location name, and the app will remind you about the reminder when you are at that location.
When you are done with the settings, click on “Done” to save the changes.
6. When the time comes, your Mac will notify you to reply to the email by sending you a reminder. When the reminder appears, either click on “Complete” if you have completed the task or click on “Later” to do the task lAter and be reminded about it again.
For the latter part, you have the following options to choose from – 5 Minutes, 1 Hour, Tomorrow, and Ignore. You can select whatever fits your needs.
If you often forget to reply to the emails you receive, the above guide should help you create reminders that will remind you to reply to those emails on your Mac.