Do you prefer QR codes over URLs and other data? Are you looking for an easy way to share quick information with your website visitors?
QR codes are becoming increasingly popular because of their ability to store data visually, and their ability to display data quickly on smartphones. So if you’re looking for an easy way to create QR codes instantly in your Web browser, here’s what you can do.
1. Install the QR Creator app for Chrome. Remember that this is an app, not an extension, so it will show up on your New Tab page once installed.
2. Click on the app icon on the New Tab page to open QR Creator.
3. Enter the URL or text that you want to display once the QR code is scanned.
4. If you want to add the code to your blog or website, you can download the image and save it to your computer.
5. If you would prefer to share a link on Facebook, Twitter, via email, in an IM, etc., click on “Get Permalink” to get a shortened link. The link leads directly to the QR code, which can then be scanned.
It’s as simple as that. You can scan the QR code and test it out, just to be sure that it works.
Image credit: 3D QR Code with mouse arrow, vector by BigStockPhoto