Adobe Photoshop is by far the best photo editing application known. Apart from normal image editing jobs, you can also use it to create high definition wallpapers for your desktop. In this article I am going to discuss three techniques which you can use in Adobe Photoshop to create high definition wallpapers.
We will first create a wallpaper with cloudy colored effects follow by adding a shine effect to it. Lastly, we will wrap it up with a lighting effect.
1. Open Adobe Photoshop. Click on “File” and then “New” (Ctrl+N) in the toolbar to open a new blank page.
2. A new window will appear. Select 1024×768 as the Preset Sizes. This is required for a high resolution output (You can change to a bigger image size to match your desktop screen resolution, but the minimum should be 1024×768). Under the “Contents” section at the bottom of the window, check the “Background Color” option. Now hit the “OK” button.
3. As soon as you have created a blank page, click on the “Filter” menu and then “Render” option in toolbar. Finally select “Difference Clouds” option to get a cloudy effect of different colors.
4. You will get the wallpaper with cloudy combination of two colors. You can further reset the color combination. Click on the two colors in the left side tool pane and select your favorite colors.
Add Sun-Shine effect to the wallpaper
1. Once you have created a cloudy wallpaper, click on “File” and then “Render” option in toolbar. Now choose the “Lens Flare” option to get effects of Sun-shine.
2. A small window will appear. Here is where you can change the sun-shine position. Drag the sun-shine to your desired position. You can also change the brightness of the Sun-shine effect by dragging the brightness cursor. Finally hit the “OK” button to save the change.
3. Your editing job is over and it’s the time to save the output. Simply click on “File” and then “Save As” option in toolbar and save the output in PNG format (PNG provides the best image quality). Look at the final result below:
Add Lighting Effects to the wallpaper
1. Click on the “Filter” and then “Render” in the toolbar. Now select the “Lighting Effects” option.
2. The lighting adjustment window will appear. You can see the output preview in the left pane. Now drag the oval shaped cursor in the left pane, attached with the output and set the direction of light source. It’s also possible to change the intensity, focus area etc by clicking on the tools in the right pane of that window. Click on the “Style” at top to get a bunch of different types of lighting effects. Finally hit the “OK” button to apply the changes.
That’s all to create high definition wallpapers with Adobe Photoshop. Have you created your own wallpapers?