PDFs are one of the common document formats anyone can read on their computer or mobile phone. Generally, PDF is a format used for digital manuals, sales receipts, manuscripts, etc., which aren’t meant for editing. However, there are times when you need the document in another format, especially when you need to edit it. Here we show you how to convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word Document.
Convert Using Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC
One of the popular ways of opening PDF files is via Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software. Apparently, both these applications provide an easy way to convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word document. Making use of these Adobe tools is the best way to ensure the document’s format remains as accurate as possible.
In order to convert PDF to a Microsoft Word document, you have to purchase the full version of Acrobat DC, which starts at $15/month, or buy an annual subscription. However, do note that you cannot convert a PDF to a Word document in Acrobat Reader DC.
In order to convert a PDF into a Microsoft Word document on Acrobat DC, follow the steps below:
1. Open the PDF file on Acrobat DC.
2. In right pane, click on the “Export PDF” option.
3. Make sure to select Microsoft Word as your export format. It will convert the PDF into the newer .docx format. If you want the older .doc format, then click the circle in front of Word 97-2003.
4. Click the Export button at the bottom.
5. You will be asked to name the file and select a location where you would like to save the file.
5. Finally, click the Save button. That’s it!
Convert a PDF to a Word Document Using Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is another great tool you can use to convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word document. There is one important thing you should know. The content of the PDF file may suffer when using Microsoft Word to convert. But if you do not have any other option at your disposal, then follow the steps below:
1. Open the Microsoft Word software and load the PDF file you want to convert.
2. Once you click on the PDF to load, a new warning message will pop up stating Microsoft Word will now convert the PDF into an editable Word document. Depending on the size of the PDF, it may take a while. Click OK.
3. The PDF file will open. You can make your necessary edits and make sure the format is correct.
Convert Using Google Docs
Google Docs is another way of converting your PDF into a Microsoft Word document. It is a very simple process where the PDF first gets converted into a Google Docs document and then into a Word document. Just like the Microsoft Word conversion mentioned above, this process may also impact the PDF file’s content.
1. Open Google Drive and click on the New option on the left pane.
2. Click on File upload. Select the PDF file you want to convert to a Word document.
3. Right-click on the uploaded PDF file and select “Open with -> Google Docs.”
4. On the newly opened Google Doc file, click on the File option in the top menu.
5. Click on “Download -> Microsoft Word.” This will download your converted PDF file as a Word document.
Convert Using Web Apps
There are a huge number of web apps that can help you convert a PDF file into a Word document. However, the one I would recommend is the ILovePDF website. It is one of the best PDF converters you can find on the Internet, and I have been using this web app for quite a few years now.
The best thing about this is it is completely free – there is no limit on how many PDF files you can convert, and the conversion is fast and easy. All you need to do is upload the PDF file you want to convert and hit the Convert button.
Following any of the above-mentioned methods, you will be able to easily convert any PDF file into a Word document. Converting it into a Word document would help you edit the PDF file. You can even save the edited Word document back to a PDF.
Other than that, you can also learn about the various ways to convert audio files to text.