This is a sponsored article and was made possible by Recovery Toolbox. The actual contents and opinions are the sole views of the author who maintains editorial independence, even when a post is sponsored.
Microsoft Outlook offline files (OST) are the replica of Exchange Server mailbox folders on local machines. In the offline (cached Exchange) mode, Outlook saves all the Exchange mailbox data locally in the OST file. The OST file thus contains all your mail items in an offline mode on your hard drive. This way it provides an efficient medium of accessing the Exchange Server mailbox folders in the event of server crashes or poor Internet connection.
Although the OST file can’t be affected by disturbances in the Exchange Server, there are situations that make the mail items inaccessible and can affect your routine business operations. Should this happen, you will want to convert the contents of the OST file into a different Outlook compatible format like PST. Converting the OST file to PST can also come in handy when you want to migrate data from one machine to another since the .ost file can only be opened by the profile that created it.
If you find yourself in a situation where you have to convert an OST file to PST format, you’ll need a reliable OST to PST converter to get the job done. In this post we’ll take a deep look at one of the most reliable online OST to PST file converters.
Online OST to PST Converter: What Is It?
The Online OST to PST converter is a robust service that converts inaccessible OST files into Outlook PST files. This online conversion service easily converts your entire Outlook mailbox components – email, calendar, journals, attachments, appointments, etc. – to PST in just a few clicks. What sets it apart from the competition is the simplicity and convenience it brings along.
The online OST to PST converter is designed with the user in mind. It comes with an easy-to-use interface that lets you recover your emails in the event of Microsoft Exchange failure, accidental account deletion from the Exchange server, synchronization problems and more. Better still, you won’t need to download and install any applications – you’ll be able to do everything from the company’s website.
On top of that the online OST to PST converter has many other advantages that make it your go-to choice. This service does not require access to Exchange server, Microsoft Outlook, or Windows Domain Controller. Most importantly, it lets you transfer data from one format to another using any device and on any operating system (Windows, Android, Mac, iOS).
Features and Highlights
Here are the key features we liked about the online OST to PST file converter.
- Converts OST files created by all versions of Microsoft Exchange server
- Supports OST files created with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook
- Can convert password-protected OST files
- Converts encrypted OST files that use any type of encryption
- Converts OST files in ANSI format
- Converts OST files in Unicode
The service saves the converted PST file in Unicode format as .pst file.
How It Works
When it comes to user experience, the online OST to PST converter does not disappoint. Its simplicity of use is what makes it steal the limelight. The entire conversion process involves just four steps:
- File upload
- Conversion process
- PST file
Once the conversion process is complete, the PST file download link will be sent to your email. I tested the service with a 66MB OST file, and the entire conversion process took only six minutes. Here’s the procedure to follow:
1. Head over to the online OST to PST official site by clicking on this link. Once in, choose an OST file from your hard disk and fill in the respective fields – email address and Captcha code.
2. Click “Next Step” to continue. You’ll be able to see the conversion progress.
Wait until the conversion process is complete. The conversion time will vary depending on the size of your OST file. In my case it took the system six minutes to convert the entire 66MB file.
3. Click on the “Show Preview” button to see the content of the now-converted PST file.
Here’s a preview of all the mailbox components that were converted to PST.
4. Click “Next Step” to continue. This is the stage where you’re supposed to pay. The service is not free and will cost you $10 which is fair by the market standards. You can pay via PayPal, Visa, Credit Card, or with Amazon.
Once you’ve completed the payment, a download link for the converted PST file will be sent to your email.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to use
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- Does not require MS Outlook to be installed on your device
- Fast conversion process
- No access to Microsoft Exchange Server is required
- Does not require you to have Microsoft Windows installed
- Not free
- The Captcha will block your IP if you’re not careful
There are many methods you can use to convert OST files to PST. However, most of the options out there require an Exchange profile or Server Connectivity. One advantage of the online OST to PST converter is that it lets you overcome these limitations.
To ensure the security of all your mailbox folders and preserve the integrity of data, we recommend the online OST to PST converter over manual methods. Alternatively, you can also use a reliable third-party tool such as the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook that besides converting OST to PST offers you advanced recovery options.