Live Photos have been around in iOS devices for a few years now, allowing you to capture the specific moments before or after taking a photo. These moments can then be viewed later with the photo, and specifically showcase 1.5 seconds of motion before and after the photo was taken. It’s a small but incredible feature that can add an array of emotions and be a beautiful reminder of the memories surrounding a simple photo.
A new feature introduced in iOS 13 allows users to combine multiple Live Photos into a video from within the iOS Photos app. This is much better than the previous method of stitching together multiple live photos, which was usually by using an external video editor.
First, we’ll be covering how to take Live Photos on your iOS device (for those of you who are not familiar with it), after which we’ll discuss making a video out of multiple Live Photos:
1. Open the Camera app on your iOS device.
2. At the top of the screen you’ll find an option to turn Live Photos on. It’ll be a yellow circle icon with rings around it. When Live Photos is on, the circle will be yellow.
3. Taking a photo with Live Photos on will save it both as a normal photo and a Live Photo. You can view it in your gallery later.
To view a Live Photo:
1. Open your gallery and select the photo you just took.
2. You should see a Live Photo sticker on the top left of the screen. Once the photo is opened, simply press on it to view the animated live photo.
You can also use it as a wallpaper or share it with your friends.
Combining multiple Live Photos into a single video involves saving the Live Photos into individual videos. To do this,
1. First locate the Live Photos you want to merge into one video. You can do this by scrolling down to Live Photos in the Albums tab of the Photos app.
2. Tap on “Select” in the top-right corner.
3. Select the Live Photos that you’d like to merge together into one video.
4. Click on the Share button in the bottom left corner.
3. Choose the “Save as Video” option.
iOS will generate the video and save it to your Camera Roll. You can access it from there or the Videos section of the Albums app in the Photos app.
That’s it. Using this simple method, you can easily combine multiple live photos into a single video to send to others and view later.
Did you find this guide useful? Let us know in the Comments section below.