All the websites that you visit in the web browser on your Android device are saved as browsing history. This allows you to quickly access websites that you have previously visited. Sometimes it’s a good idea to clear this web browsing history so no one else knows which websites you have visited, especially when you are lending your phone to a friend. Clearing the history is fairly easy in all of the web browsers for Android. Here’s how.
Clearing the Browsing History in the Default Browser
If you are still using the default browser that comes with your phone, here’s how you can clear history in it.
1. Launch the default web browser on your Android device.
2. Press the Menu button and tap on “Settings.” It will take you to the Settings panel from where you can change settings for your browser.
3. On the screen that follows, tap on “Privacy and security.” It is the section that contains your browsing history.
4. On the next screen, tap on the option that says “Clear history.” It is what allows you to clear the web history for your default web browser.
When you tap the option in the above step, you will get a prompt that looks like the below image. Tap on “OK” and it will clear the history for you.
And you are all done.
The browsing history for your default web browser has now been cleared.
Clearing the Browsing History in Google Chrome
If you’re using Google Chrome as your main browser:
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your Android device.
2. Tap on three dots in the top right corner. It will pop up a menu for you.
3. From the menu that appears on your screen, tap on “Settings.” It will take you to the Settings panel.
4. On the next screen, tap on “Privacy” which is beneath the “Advanced” heading. It will open your privacy settings.
5. On this screen you might wonder where the option for clearing the history is. You need to press the Menu button and choose “Clear browsing data” to clear the history. It’s kind of hidden and isn’t easily visible.
6. You should now be asked what data you wish to be cleared. Select all and then tap “Clear.” It will clear all the browsing data in your browser.
You have successfully cleared the browsing history in Chrome.
Clearing the Browsing History in Firefox
If Firefox is what you use to browse sites on your device, here’s how you can clear the history:
1. Launch Firefox from your app drawer on your device.
2. When it launches, press the Menu button and select “Settings.” You will be taken to the Settings panel.
3. Tap on “Privacy” on the screen that follows. You will be taken to your privacy settings.
4. There should be an option called “Clear private data.” Tap on it and it will let you clear your history.
5. Select all the options present on your screen and then tap on “Clear data.” It will clear all the browsing data on your device.
6. You should get a confirmation message that says “Private data cleared.”
You are all done.
Clearing the Browsing History in Dolphin Browser
If you’re a Dolphin Browser user, you are not left out. Here’s how you can clear the history in your browser:
1. Launch Dolphin Browser on your device.
2. Press the Menu button and tap on “Clear data.” It will take you directly to the clear data section.
3. Put a checkmark in all the boxes shown on your screen. Then, tap on “Clear selected data,” and it will clear your entire browsing history.
You are done.
Clearing the Browsing History in Opera
Opera users are also in luck, as they do have an option to clear the browsing history on their device.
1. Launch Opera on your Android device.
2. Tap on the Opera icon given in the bottom right corner and select “Settings.” It will take you to the settings menu.
3. Tap on “Clear browsing data…” on the screen that follows. It should let you clear the web history in your browser.
4. Check all the options present to you and then tap on “OK.” It will delete your entire browsing history.
And you are all done.
Clearing the Browsing History in UC Browser
In case you’re a UC Browser user, you can use the following steps to clear your browsing history:
1. Launch UC Browser from your app drawer.
2. Tap on the three lines given in the bottom middle and select “History.” It will show you your entire browsing history.
3. On the next screen, you should see a button saying “Clear” in the bottom right corner. Tap on it. It’s for clearing your browsing history.
4. You will then be asked if you really wish to delete the history. Tap on “Delete” and it will wipe your entire browsing history.
And you are done.
It’s easy for your friends to borrow your phone and see your browsing history. If you don’t want that to happen, you can clear your entire browsing history using the steps given above. Hope this helps you keep your privacy!