For anyone who regularly uses Safari on iOS, your new tab page is likely something you skip right over. That’s unfortunate, as the new tab page can be very useful for quickly getting to your favorite or most frequented sites. Continue reading for some quick steps for choosing which sites appear on the new tab page for Safari in iOS.
Edit Your Favorites
Setting up new features is incredibly easy and only takes a few steps to achieve.
1. Begin by opening the Safari browser on either your iPad or iPhone.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap on the “Bookmarks” button which appropriately looks like a book.
3. By default, Safari should open to your Favorites, which is the leftmost option (still looks like a book), but if it does not, tap on the Bookmark icon at the top.
4. You should now see a list of the Favorites you currently have set up. Whether you have many sites or only a few, they should all be listed here.
5. When you are ready to edit this list, hit the “Edit” button at the bottom right. You can now delete/remove any of the existing options on the list as well as move them around so they appear higher on your favorites or lower.
That’s it. That’s all you have to do to edit or delete your current list of favorites.
Add New Favorites
As easy as editing your favorites can be, adding a new favorite is even easier.
1. Start by going to any site on your Safari browser that you want to make a favorite.
2. Once the page is open, click on the “Share Sheet” icon at the bottom of the page.
3. Locate the option for “Add to Favorites” inside the Share Sheet and tap on it.
The website is automatically added to your favorites. Repeat the previous steps until you have added all of your favorites to your new tab page.
Using Bookmarks Instead
Like Favorites, “Bookmarks” are another set of websites that you likely visit frequently and want to quickly reach without typing them in all the time. In the event you want to swap out Favorites on Safari’s new tab page you can quickly do that as well.
1. Start by opening Settings and scroll until you find “Safari,” then tap on it.
2. Once you are in the Safari settings, locate an option labeled “Favorites” and tap on it.
3. You now have a few options:
- Keep using your Favorites as is.
- Switch to your Bookmarks Menu.
In the event you have created any previous folders in Safari to help organize some of your bookmarks by category (entertainment, news, sports, etc.), you can use one of these folders as well.
Having made your selection, exit Settings. The next time you open a new tab page, you will see the new list of favorites or the bookmarks you have set up.
Editing your favorites on the Safari new tab page is an easy but highly useful task. If you are not a fan of the Safari browser, check out these alternatives.