Do you need to change the country and language in Amazon to shop on a regional site or just make the site more accessible if you speak a different language? Options to change these settings are available on both the desktop and mobile versions of the Amazon app.
Tip: learn how to delete purchases from your Amazon history.
Change Country and Language in Amazon’s Mobile App
The mobile app is what many users prefer to use when shopping on Amazon, so let’s start there.
- Open the Amazon app on your mobile device. I’m using the Android version for this example.
- Tap the burger icon at the bottom of the app to open the menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Settings.”
- Tap “Country & Language.”
- Start by selecting your Country/Region. Available languages will depend on the region you select.
- Select any country/region you want.
- Tap “Language.”
- Select your language. The top section lists languages available in that specific region. However, you’ll also see a list of all languages available, though they’re only available in their respective regions. For example, when choosing Canada as your country/region, only English and French are available.
- Tap “Done” when you’re finished to save your settings.
You can go back to change these settings at any time. Remember, when changing your country/region, you’ll be limited to the Amazon store and marketplaces available in that region. For instance, items that are only sold and shipped in the U.S. wouldn’t be listed if you chose the United Kingdom as your region.
Tip: save money while shopping with these smart Amazon hacks.
Change Country and Language in Amazon on Desktop
On the desktop/browser version of Amazon, you can change the country and language in Amazon, whether you’re logged in or not: the process is the same either way.
- Browse to Amazon.com or your desired regional version.
- Scroll to the bottom of the homepage. Just above the footer with all the various links, locate the two drop-down menus that list your language and country.
- Select the country drop-down box first to select your region. Remember, available languages are based on the country you choose. When you click the box, you’re taken to another page. Select your country to be taken to that country/region’s Amazon website.
If you just want to change the language, skip to step 5.
- Select “Go to website.”
- Once you’re in the correct region, scroll to the bottom of the homepage on your region’s website and select your language.
Alternately, if you just want to change the language on Amazon, hover over your country/region’s flag just to the right of the search box and select your desired language. As you can see, there’s a shortcut to change the country/region here too.
Tip: get good deals by tracking Amazon price drops.
Change Country and Language in Amazon Alexa
Your Amazon Alexa device defaults to the country and language that match your current location and IP address. Although you can adjust this, some users report that changing the location doesn’t always work correctly.
- Open your Amazon Alexa app.
- Tap the “More” icon at the bottom right of the app.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Device Settings.”
- Select your device.
- Tap “Device Location” and enter a new address. This must be a valid address in your desired country/region.
- Tap the back arrow in the Alexa app.
- Tap your current language in the “Language” section. This is located under “Device Settings.”
- Select your language.
If you change your language, Alexa will use this language and expect you to do the same.
Get Delivery Alerts
Image credit: Unsplash
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox