No matter whether you want to switch to a different music streaming service or you’re not interested in using Apple Music after its free trial, there are several ways to end your subscription. Considering that Apple’s music streaming service is available across a range of different devices and platforms, we show you the universal methods that apply to the majority of users. With that said, let’s talk about how to cancel Apple Music.
What to Consider Before Canceling Your Apple Music Subscription
Before we go deeper, a few friendly pieces of advice. First, know that canceling Apple Music won’t prevent your access to this streaming service immediately. If you’ve paid for the current month, you’ll get to use Apple Music until your subscription renewal date comes. However, if you’re using a trial subscription, you will lose access to Apple Music immediately.
In addition, if you’re using Family Sharing, canceling your Apple Music subscription will force other members of your Family Sharing group to lose access to the service as well.
And lastly, if you don’t wish to use Apple Music or Apple’s Music app on your iPhone or iPad, you’re free to remove it. Additionally, the Music app is no longer preinstalled with iOS/iPadOS.
Cancel Though Apple Music’s Website
First, we’ll show you how to cancel your Apple Music subscription via its website. That means the following method works for any Apple Music subscriber, whether you use this service on Apple-made devices, Android, or something else entirely.
1. Make sure to visit the Apple Music website. Wait a couple of moments until the website fully opens, then select the red “Sign In” button. (You’ll see it in the top-right corner.)
2. Provide your credentials. (You can use Touch ID if you’re on a device that supports that technology.) Once you access your account, select your profile photo (in the top-right corner).
3. Pick Settings and scroll all the way down to the bottom of your Account Settings page. You should see the “Subscriptions” section there, highlighting your currently used Apple Music plan. Go ahead and click on “Manage.”
4. Apple Music will show you the plan you currently use. You need to use the “Cancel Subscription” button. Apple will ask whether you’re sure you want to proceed, so go ahead and confirm your decision. After a couple of moments, cancel your Apple Music subscription. That’s it!
Cancel Through Your iOS/iPadOS Device
If you access Apple Music through an iPhone or iPad, there’s an easier way to cancel your subscription. The following method explains how to cancel any subscription associated with your account, so it’ll certainly come in handy in the future as well.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, then select your name, visible at the top of the app’s interface. Tap on “Subscriptions.”
2. You’ll access an overview screen of the subscriptions associated with your Apple ID. Since we’re showing how to cancel Apple Music, go ahead and select that subscription.
3. Finally, tap on “Cancel Subscription” (or “Cancel Free Trial”). You will be asked whether you’re sure you want to cancel Apple Music. Tap on Confirm, and that’s it!
Lastly, know that you can also cancel Apple Music via the Music app itself (on your iPhone or iPad). Select the “Listen Now” tab, then select your profile photo in the top-right corner. Pick “Manage Subscription” and cancel (or change) your Apple Music plan from there.
Above are the two ways to cancel Apple Music from any device. If you’re looking for another streaming service to try, check out our comparison between Apple Music and Spotify.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox