Although it’s fairly easy to browse and use various websites and web apps, there are some extensions that make your browsing sessions even better by letting you do many tasks in the easiest way possible. Some of these even add new features that you never thought of before.
The following are five of the extensions that you can use in your browser for a better browsing experience.
Play helps writers and publications embed the audio version of any article into the article content.
- Listen to the audio formats of Medium articles
- Make articles listenable
- Instant conversion to audio
Cato is a command launcher for your web browser. Give Cato an action you’d normally do with your mouse or keyboard, and it will do it for you. The days of remembering keyboard shortcuts and excessive mouse use are over.
- Bookmark and un-bookmark pages
- Create new windows & tabs (including incognito)
- Close tabs (single or multiple)
- Copy the current URL
- Calculate numbers with the built-in calculator
- Change tabs
- Detach tabs from their windows
- Disable/Enable/Uninstall extensions
- Duplicate the current tab
- Copy current URL
- Detach tabs
- Find bookmarks and open them
- Play/Pause videos
- Sort open tabs by URL
- Merge all browser windows into one
- Open your Bookmarks, Downloads, History and Settings pages
- Toggle bookmarks
- Navigate your Pages & Tabs (forward and back)
- Mute tabs
- Toggle Fullscreen mode
- Reload tabs (single or multiple)
- Search Google, Youtube and Gmail
3. WorldBrain’s Memex
WorldBrain’s Memex helps you find previously visited websites and PDFs in seconds. Do a Full-text search through your browsing history and bookmarks.
You can search websites you visited and bookmarked with the words you remember from the text.
- Do a full-text search through browsing history and bookmarks (including PDFs)
- Filter by time, bookmarks
- Blacklist URLs, domains and regex
- Pause indexing for a certain amount of time
- Open-source & decentralised
- Supports all languages
- Syncs with your browser’s bookmarks
Gesturefy is a customizable Firefox mouse gesture addon that supports over forty different actions.
- Mouse gestures (move mouse while holding the left, middle, or right button)
- Rocker gestures (left-click while holding right-click and vice versa)
- Wheel gestures (scroll wheel while holding the left, middle, or right button)
- Over forty different executable actions
- Configurable status information on mouse gestures
- Configurable gesture -> action mapping
- Multi-language support (currently English, German, Czech and Chinese)
5. Tab Session Manager
Tab Session Manager allows you to save and restore the state of windows and tabs. It also supports automatic saving.
- Save and restore sessions of tabs
- Automatic saving
Our Software Section, in addition to helping you find new software, helps find browser extensions that make your web tasks easier to do. Check it out and let us know what you think.