Pop-up ads are annoying. No matter how well it is designed, it never fails to annoy the users. If you are one of those who hate pop-up ads, here is the method to block pop-up windows in the various browsers.
Note: By blocking pop-up windows, you could be potentially lowering/stopping a developer’s income, which could lead to said developers stopping his/her services. We’d recommend keeping wary of what you click rather than simply blocking pop-up windows, but in the end, it’s up to you.
By default, most web browsers will have the “Block Pop-Up Windows” feature activated, but if that’s not true in your case, here’s how to block them:
1. Click the Settings icon in the top-right corner of your browser, and select “Settings.”
2. Scroll down and click on “Show Advanced Settings.”
3. In the Privacy section, click “Content Settings.”
4. Here, select the option “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups.”
Tip: Use the “Manage Exceptions” option to add websites, on which you want pop-ups to be shown.
1. Open the Settings window in your device’s Google Chrome browser, and click on Settings.
2. Click on “Content Settings.”
3. Click “Block Pop Ups” and enable the option to “Block Pop-Ups.”
1. Open Firefox and click on the Settings icon in the top-right corner, then click on “Options” (or “Preferences”).
2. In the Content tab, enable the option to “Block Pop Up Windows.”
1. Open up Firefox and select “Preferences” from the Firefox menu in the top-left hand side of your screen.
2. In the Content tab, select the option to “Block Pop-Up Windows.”
1. Click on Preferences in the Opera menu from the top-left corner.
2. In the Websites tab, select the option “Do Not Allow Any Site To Show Pop-Ups.”
1. Open the Opera menu by clicking on the “Opera” logo in the top-left corner, and click on “Settings”.
2. In the “Websites” tab, select the option to “Do Not Allow Any Site To Show Pop-Ups.”
1. Click on the Opera logo in the bottom middle of the screen, and select Settings.
2. Enable the option to “Block Pop-Ups.”
1. Click on the Settings logo in the top-left corner, and enable the option to “Block Pop-Up Windows.” Alternatively, you can press “Ctrl+Shift+K” to enable the option.
1. Click on Preferences in the Safari menu in the top-left corner.
2. In the Security tab, enable the option to “Block Pop-Up Windows.”
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Click on “Safari.”
3. Enable the option to “Block Pop-Ups.”
1. Click on “Internet Options” from the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
2. In the Privacy tab, enable the option to “Turn On Pop-Up Blocker.”
Pop-up windows can be a real issue for many people. While these may be beneficial to the people behind them, many pop-ups contain malware, and can infect your computer with viruses leading to data loss. If you too are annoyed with pop ups, then you can easily use the methods detailed above to block pop-ups windows in your respective browser, according to your operating system.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox