While there is no doubt that the apps you have installed on your Android device are useful, sometimes the same useful apps can cause distraction. For instance, you do not want the interference of the Instagram app while you are writing a really serious email, and so on.
When you use an app and don’t want to be distracted by others, you can block other apps so that they remain silent on your device until they will no longer be a distraction to you.
Here’s how you can block apps on your device that you find to be distracting.
Blocking Distracting Apps on Your Android Device
In order to do this, you are going to use an app called ClearLock which is available for free on the Google Play store.
1. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install ClearLock on your Android device.
2. Launch the app from the app drawer.
3. When the app launches, it automatically selects some apps to be blocked on your device. These are usually the browsers, messengers, and other social networking apps which it thinks will distract you while you are working.
Select the apps that you wish to be blocked, and uncheck the ones that you don’t want to be managed by ClearLock. Tap the big orange button to have these apps blocked.
4. A prompt will appear asking how long you want these apps to remain blocked. The default is one hour; however, you can change it to something of your liking.
The minimum is ten minutes and the maximum is three hours. Slide the bar to the left or right to adjust the timing. When you are done, tap on “Block apps.”
5. You will get another prompt asking if you would really like to block the apps. It just wants to alert you that you will not be able to use the blocked apps until the time has ended.
In case you wish to use an app before the time has ended, you will need to reboot your device.
Tap on “I’m sure” to let it block the apps for you.
6. You will see the following message on your screen when the apps have been blocked. It contains a timer for you to know when the time ends so you can regain access to the blocked apps.
The chosen apps have been successfully blocked on your device, and you will not be able to launch them until either the time has ended or the device is restarted.
If you have apps that distracts you from what you are doing, you can have them blocked for a pre-defined time using the above guide.
Let us know what apps you blocked on your device!