Have you ever wanted to block a website from Google search results? Maybe the website/domain contained spam or malware, or maybe you just weren’t fond of it. Whatever the case, there’s a very easy way to block a website from Google search results.
Today I’m going to show you how to block a website in Google Chrome via the Personal Blocklist Chrome extension.
1. Install the Personal Blocklist (by Google) Chrome extension.
2. The extension’s icon will appear on your browser toolbar. There are no options for Personal Blocklist, so you can just start searching Google to see it in action.
3. You’ll notice that there is an option to block any result’s source domain in your search results.
4. When you see a domain that you want to block, just click on “Block domain.com” right from your Google results.
5. Immediately, that domain will be removed from your search results. You’ll also see a message at the bottom of your search results letting you know that “some results were removed by the Personal Blocklist Chrome extension.”
You can click on the “show” link to see what’s being blocked, and the item will temporarily reappear in your results with a pink background.
If you want to unblock a result, you can click on “show” to display it and then click on “Unblock domain.com.”
6. Alternately, you can click on the browser icon to view all blocked items, and unblock them directly from the pop-up window.
7. You can also edit domains that are blocked; this lets you change the domain you’re blocking to a subdomain.
There you have it. After learning how to block a website from Google search results, you can do it with ease to whichever websites you choose.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox