Mobile gaming has become so popular now that we already have live streaming apps for iOS. These apps allow you to stream on Twitch, Facebook Gaming, and YouTube Gaming without a PC, making it easier to share your mobile gaming sessions with other people.
Here we will walk you through some of the best live streaming apps for iOS we recommend.
1. Omlet Arcade
Omlet Arcade is a sizeable mobile live streaming community for gamers. It has a mobile app with the same name and is currently available for PC, iOS, and Android.
How to Live Stream with Omlet Arcade for iOS
- Download Omlet Arcade from the App Store.
- When you first launch the app, you’ll have to create an account or log in. Note that you need an account to start a live stream.
- To start a live stream, tap on the “X” sign at the bottom of your screen and tap “Go Live.”
- Swipe left and follow the instructions to enable the iOS screen recording feature. After turning on the stream feature in your iPhone’s settings, swipe for further instructions and tap “GOT IT!”
- On the next screen you can choose to share your live stream to social media platforms and apps like Discord to get an audience. You can also ignore this and tap “Continue” if you don’t want to share your live stream.
- Live streaming isn’t limited to Omlet Arcade’s in-app community. You can share your live stream on the following platforms:
- Nimo TV
- Custom Platforms (Omlet Plus)
Similarly, you can stream within the Omlet Arcade’s community.
- After the login step, whether or not you do so, tap “Next.”
- You’ll be asked to choose a game you want to stream. First, of course, you need to pick the correct game so that Omlet Arcade can tag your stream correctly. Proper tagging makes it easier for audiences to find your live stream.
- You’ll see a screen where you can modify the settings of your live stream. For example, you can change the following:
- Stream description and title
- Stream quality, audio source, and orientation in “Stream Settings”
- Stream Delay
- Viewer and chat rules in “Advanced Settings”
Moreover, there are additional modifications for Omlet Plus users:
- Custom Stream Thumbnail
- Shielded Mode Image
- After changing your settings, you’ll have the option to turn your mic on to communicate with your audience. Tap “GOT IT!” to continue.
- You can now start your live stream by tapping “START.”
- On the hovering options, choose whether you’d like to turn your mic on or off and tap “Start Broadcast.”
- The app will say “Stream Started.” From there, you can launch your game. You can also check the streaming platform you selected in step 7 to see if your stream is live.
You may have heard of Streamlabs Desktop as a go-to for streamers using their gaming computers to broadcast their content. Still, you may not know that it’s also available for iOS (and Android). Further, you can stream from your camera or your iPhone’s screen and show your game.
How to Stream on iOS Using Streamlabs
- Download Streamlabs from the App Store.
- When you first launch the app, accept Streamlab’s request to access your camera and microphone. You’ll need to do this to stream.
- After approving the app permissions, you’ll get to the app’s main screen. From there, tap on the burger icon at the top left.
- To stream your iPhone’s screen, tap “Screen capture.”
- Connect to one or more of your preferred streaming platforms. These are the ones supported by Streamlabs iOS:
- Custom RTMP Servers
- After merging your streaming platform account with Streamlabs, you’ll be taken back to the “Where do you want to broadcast to?” screen. Select your preferred platform from the drop-down.
- Tap “Got it” on the following prompt.
- Tap the green button to go live.
- When you’re ready, tap “Start Broadcast” and launch your game. Check your streaming platform to see if you’ve gone live.
Mobcrush is a live streaming and community app for gamers. Like Omlet Arcade, it has a community within its platform that allows Mobcrush users to find and create content for other users. In addition, Mobcrush has an in-platform streaming feature of the same name on desktop and mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android.
How to Live Stream on Your iPhone with Mobcrush
- Download Mobcrush from the App Store.
- Before you start live streaming using the app, you’ll need to connect it to your streaming platform account. Mobcrush supports the following:
- After logging in, select the platforms you want to live stream on, the game you want to stream, type in a broadcast title, and tap “Save Broadcast Settings.”
- Open your iPhone’s control center and press and hold the Screen Recording button.
- Select Mobcrush from the list and tap “Start Broadcast.” Remember to turn off your phone’s silent mode and turn on your microphone before tapping “Start Broadcast.” If you fail to do this, your stream will have no audio.
- Launch your game and check the streaming platform you picked to verify you’re live.
The last spot on our list of live-streaming apps for iOS is StreamChamp. Like the first three apps on this list, it’s free, and you can stream without a PC. Unlike Omlet Arcade, Streamlabs, and Mobcrush; StreamChamp only supports broadcasting to Twitch.
How to Live Stream on Twitch Using StreamChamp for iOS
- Download StreamChamp from the App Store.
- Log in to your Twitch account to connect to the app.
- Once you’ve linked your Twitch account, you’ll access StreamChamp’s live dashboard.
- Tap the controller graphic to open “Channel Settings.”
- In “Channel Settings,” you will type in your live stream’s title, category (the title of the game you’ll stream), and broadcast language. After setting things up there, tap “Update” to apply changes and go back to the live dashboard.
- Under the controller graphic for “Channel Settings,” tap the rectangular purple screen that has the text “Video” over it.
- It’ll take you to the “Background” settings screen that allows you to modify your stream overlay. Remember to turn your iPhone’s rotation on if you’re playing a landscape game.
- After setting up your broadcast and overlay, tap the circle at the bottom.
- Turn on your mic and tap “Start Broadcast.”
- Check your Twitch channel to see if your live stream has started.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use these apps to stream non-game content?
You can live stream your camera’s feed to supported streaming platforms using Omlet Arcade, Streamlabs, Mobcrush, and StreamChamp.
2. Will my notifications show up in live broadcasts?
Since the iPhone’s Screen Recording feature shows everything going on on your screen, your notifications are visible to your viewers. The best way around this is to turn on “Do Not Disturb” from the control center.
3. Do all mobile games support live streaming with these apps?
Yes. Some games, such as Call of Duty: Mobile, have a native live stream feature. That said, these live streaming apps for iOS only act as your gateway to connect to live streaming platforms. Simply put, they’re only capturing whatever is on your screen and delivering it to Twitch, Facebook, and the like.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox