Instagram has a feature that allows you to put a caption on Instagram Stories. Adding captions to videos allows you to make the video accessible to more people. Moreover, it also allows you to view vide;os by turning the sound off, as everything being said is transcribed into subtitles. If you are intrigued by this new feature and want to use the Instagram Stories captions sticker, here’s how you.
Automatically Caption Instagram Stories
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile.
2. On the Home tab, click on the “Your Story” button. Alternatively, you can swipe from the left side of the screen to access the Instagram Story creation page.
3. Record a new Story video or select an already saved video from your phone’s gallery.
4. Once you are done selecting the Story, tap on the “Sticker” icon at the top of the screen in the editing section of the video.
5. Click on the “Caption” sticker and place it where you want the captions to appear on your Instagram Story video.
6. A preview of the text will be shown when the video plays. You can use the sticker editing options to tweak the caption.
You can move around the automatically generated captions and also edit them. At present, you can only select from four different text formats as highlighted above.
Once you are happy with the capition on your Instagram Story, hit the “Done” button. Finally, hit the “Your Story” button at the bottom-left corner to share the story with others. Using the Captions sticker, makes your Instagram Story accessible to more people, especially hearing-impaired users.
At the moment, the Instagram Stories captions feature is available only for a limited number of users, and it is yet to appear on Instagram Reels. You need to check if the captions sticker is available for the Instagram app on your device.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox