This is a sponsored article and was made possible by iMobie. The actual contents and opinions are the sole views of the author who maintains editorial independence, even when a post is sponsored.
Nowadays it is pretty common to have multiple cloud storage accounts with different providers like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc., to store and share files. If you make use of all the available storage from different cloud services, then you will know how much of a hassle it is to manage all the files and folders efficiently between different accounts. This is especially true when you want to move data from one cloud storage to the other.
This is where AnyTrans comes into play. AnyTrans acts as a central manager for all your cloud accounts and lets you manage files and folders from a single dashboard.
Features of AnyTrans
Supports a wide range of cloud services: AnyTrans supports almost all the major cloud services like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, iCloud, etc. It even lets you sync with Instagram, Facebook, and Google Photos. Some other file sharing and cloud services like Mediafire, Mega, 4shared, Amazon S3 are in the works and should be expected soon.
All in one place: You can connect all your cloud accounts to AnyTrans with just a few clicks. AnyTrans uses the OAuth authentication system to connect to your favorite cloud service. This makes it easy to deny access when you no longer need AnyTrans. Once connected, you can access the connected cloud service(s) with a single click and manage them as usual. AnyTrans will also display the total available space and how much you are using for each and every cloud service you connect.
Sync files between clouds: AnyTrans lets you sync files and folders between any connected cloud services with ease. All you have to do is select the folder you want to sync, and then select the destination cloud service. While transferring, AnyTrans just acts as a middle-man to transfers files from one place to another, i.e., your files and folders will not be stored on the AnyTrans server.
Share files and folders efficiently: Apart from the ability to manage and sync files between cloud services, AnyTrans also gives you easy sharing capabilities. You can share any file or folder from any connected cloud service through AnyTrans. While sharing you can control various things like password protection, encryption, expiry times, ability to download shared files, etc.
Apps for Windows and Mac: AnyTrans has a simple and lightweight app for both Windows and Mac systems that allows you to connect and manage your cloud accounts from one place. The app also lets you download and upload files from your local computer. Of course, just like with the web app, you can also sync between clouds using the app. The good thing is the user interface of the app is very similar to the web app.
AnyTrans offers both free and paid services. Free users are limited in terms of priority, concurrent working threads for bulk download and upload activities, transfer speeds, and advanced sharing options. You are not limited to the number of accounts you can add or how many files or folders you sync between cloud services.
Everything you see here is what you get when you sign up as a free user.
1. First, go to the official AnyTrans website, sign up for a free account and log in to it. AnyTrans has quite a nice, modern, and easy-to-use user interface. To add a cloud service to AnyTrans, click on the “Connect” button under your favorite cloud service.
2. The OAuth authentication window will open. Authenticate yourself to connect the cloud service to AnyTrans. Once you are done connecting your cloud service, it will be listed on the main page and on the sidebar.
3. After connecting the account you can upload and manage your files like you would normally. To upload a file, select the target cloud service from the left sidebar, click on the Upload icon appearing in the upper-right corner, select the file you want to upload and click “Open.”
4. When you want to sync content from one cloud service to the other, click on the “Sync” icon appearing under the target file or folder.
5. Now, select the destination on the right panel. In my case, I want to sync a folder from Google Drive to Dropbox, so I’ve selected the target accordingly. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
6. Select the offline channel, sync mode as “One-way Sync,” sync time as “Immediately” and click on the “Start” button. Premium users can use the premium channel for faster transfer speeds and schedule transfers. If needed, the premium channel can do offline transfer, too.
7. That is it. AnyTrans will start the sync process, and you can see the progress in the Sync status panel.
AnyTrans for Cloud Windows App
AnyTrans has an app for Windows and Mac users. The app’s user interface and feature set are very similar to the web app. This is perfect for those who want to sync files from the computer to the cloud.
The only change is that you will not find the Sync option under the file or folder. Rather, you have to click on the “Sync” icon appearing in the upper-right corner. To sync files from your location computer, don’t forget to choose the “Online Channel” option in the “My Sync Task” panel.
Also, by default, every time you try to download a file or folder from AnyTrans, it will ask for the destination. If you don’t like this, you can set a default download location. For that, click on the Profile icon and then select “Settings.” Select the radio option “Save files to,” and select the default destination.
AnyTrans does a pretty stellar job in giving you access to all major cloud and file sharing services it one place. Although the cloud-to-cloud sync speed is a bit slow, it is good enough for most sync tasks. That being said, as of now, everyone who signs up for AnyTrans will get access to their premium plan for 30 days. So, if have data to sync from one cloud to the other, you can make use of the 30-day premium plan. You can continue the premium plan for $29.99 per three months if you like the service. The premium plan guarantees high transfer speeds, more than ten concurrent working threads, and advanced sharing options.
All in all, when you are using multiple cloud services to store and share files, AnyTrans cloud manager is pretty useful, as it helps you better manage and sync files between different cloud services.
Since there is a free plan, give AnyTrans a try, and see how it works for you.
Image credit: Jane Boyko