Adding music to your TikTok videos is simple enough, but what if you want to use more than one song on your clip? While TikTok doesn’t natively allow you to do this, there are workarounds to create TikToks with more unique audio, so you can stand out from the crowd of content creators on the social video app. Follow us in this article to learn how to add more than one song to your TikTok video.
How to Add a Song to Your TikTok
Before we detail how to add more songs to a single TikTok clip, let’s take a look at how to add a single song to your video.
- Open TikTok on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “+” button at the bottom.
- Select a length for your video (up to 15s/60s/3m) and start recording. The app also allows you to upload your own videos up to five minutes in length.
- In the next window, you can perform additional edits, including adding music. Press on the “Sounds” button bellow.
- Browse through the “Recommended” section and select your favorite tune. You can also use the Search option to find something specific.
- Once you select a specific song, press the Scissor icon in the left corner.
- Pick the part of the song you’d like to overlay your video by dragging your finger on it. Tap the checkmark once you’re done.
- Tap outside of the Sound box to return to the editing screen. Press “Next.”
- You’ll be taken to the Posting screen where you can add a caption, hashtags and mentions. Press the “Post” button to unleash your video.
How to Find Interesting Sounds on TikTok
If you ever stumbled upon a TikTok with a cool audio, know that you can save it to your profile to easily use it later on. Follow these steps:
- Find a TikTok with an audio track.
- Tap on the spinning music bubble in the lower-right corner of the display.
- Press on “Add to Favorites.”
- Now you’ll be able to quickly access the sound when creating a new TikTok from “Sounds -> Favorite section.”
How to Add Two Songs to Your TikToks from the App Itself
It’s possible to add multiple songs to a TikTok from the app itself, but they would be superimposed, meaning they would play at the same time by default. At this moment, TikTok does not allow you to assign a particular song to just a part of the video. But if you want to experiment with musical overlays, this is how to add two songs to your clips.
- Retrace steps #1 to #10 once again, but when you arrive at the Posting page, make sure you tap on the “Who can watch this video” option and select “Only me.”
- This will allow you to continue editing the video before showing it to the world. Press “Post.”
- The video you created should appear in your gallery.
- Go back to TikTok and upload the video from your device by tapping on the Picture icon in the left corner.
- Once it has been uploaded, tap “Next.”
- Trim your video if you think it’s necessary, then press “Next” again.
- Select the Sounds icon once again.
- Select the second song by tapping on it. The two songs should now be playing at the same time.
- One thing you can do to try and transform it into an interesting background is adjust the volume of the first song you added and the new sound.
Don’t forget that you can use the sounds you’ve saved from other people’s TikToks. You can find them all in the “Favorites” tab.
How to Add Two Songs to Your TikToks Using a Third-Party App
Using a third-party video-editing app, such as InShot, can help you add two tracks on different parts of your video. Be extra careful, though, as TikTok is cracking down on copyright violations and may ban your account if you upload copyrighted music.
Instead, we suggest that you turn to a service like Lesfm, which only allows users to download background music that is not copyrighted for TikTok. Don’t expect to find tracks from Beyonce or other popular artists of her caliber. Even so, keep in mind that you will still need to credit the website when using these songs. Alternatively, you can always use your own sounds or songs that you record.
Let’s see how you can add multiple songs to your videos.
Add Music to the Video
- Open InShot on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Video” option and select the clip you want to add music to. You can use a video you previously made on TikTok, which already has a song uploaded on top of it. Alternatively, you can use a video you made.
- Move the slide in the video feed at the bottom by swiping your finger right to divide the clip into two parts, as desired. One will play the song you already added on TikTok, while the other will play a new song.
- Select the “Split” button in the menu above. The video will now be broken up into two parts.
- Select the “Music” option.
- Tap on the part of the video where you wish to add a new song.
- Lower the “Volume” to 0%, then press the checkmark.
- Press the “Tracks” button.
- Select the sound that will overlay that part of the video. You can use InShot’s music library so that you don’t have to worry about copyright infringements. However, if you want to use your own sounds and are confident there will not be a problem, you can select “My Music” from the top.
- You’ll see a list of audio files you have stored on your device. Tap on the one you want and press “Use.”
- The song feed will now be added on top of your video feed. Drag the handle to adjust the duration of the song on that particular video part.
- Now you can preview the video and its audio by pressing the “Play” button.
- If you are satisfied with your creation, tap on the checkmark.
- Now all you have to do is “Save” your video to your phone’s Gallery.
- If you used a video without sound, then you will need to add two audio tracks, not just one, using the steps above.
Post the Video
- Go back to TikTok and upload the video with the two songs, just like what was shown above.
- InShot adds its own watermark to an edited video (unless you pay for the premium version), so you may want to cover it up with a sticker. Just press the “Stickers” button at the bottom.
- Add your preferred sticker, then tap on the “Next” button.
- On the Post screen, don’t forget to change the audience under who can see your video back to “Everyone,” then press “Post.”
- That’s it. Now TikTokers can watch your video with a combined musical background.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I create TikTok videos that are up to five minutes long?
You can’t shoot them directly from the app but can upload them from your mobile device or PC. Either upload them through the app of log in with your TikTok credentials from your browser of choice, then proceed to upload from there. Note that the video has to be in either MP4 or WebM format, 1280×720 resolution or higher, and less than 2GB.
2. Why did TikTok delete the sound of my video?
Due to TIkTok’s copyright policy, if any audio content in a video is auto-detected as copyrighted by the system, the audio could be muted/deleted. In some scenarios, the platform may even prevent the video from being uploaded altogether. If this has happened to you, consider taking the video down and recreating it (if possible) using sounds from TikTok’s own library or your very own.
3. How can I get rid of the audio feed that’s overflowing above the video feed (on the right) in InShot?
Tap the “Split” option again and select the part that’s overflowing, then press “Delete.” Your audio and video feeds should be the same length now.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox