Many people confuse Notion and Notion.site, using them interchangeably, when in fact, there are noteworthy differences between the two. The former is an “all-in-one workspace” software for note-taking, planning, managing, and organizing information for increased efficiency and productivity. Notion.site, on the other hand, is a domain extension that allows users to host a Notion Workspace for personal and collective content sharing. The amazing thing about Notion.site is that it allows people to save pages from it to their private Workspace. This post will show just how seamlessly you can do this.
How to Save Templates From Notion.site
Before getting into the nitty-gritty of things, Notion users must note that they can only add templates to their Workspace if the creators of such templates have enabled that option. To add a template from the Notion.site to your private Notion Workspace, follow these three simple steps:
- Open the link to the page you wish to add to your private Notion Workspace.
- Select the “Duplicate” option at the top right corner of your screen. At this point, you should see the page from Notion.site in your private Workspace.
- View and customize the template to suit your specific needs, and voila! Your new template is all set up and ready for use.
How to Share a Notion Template You Created
If you created a template and would like to share your masterpiece with others in the Notion community, follow these steps:
- Open the template you would like to share.
- Click the “Share” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Enable the “Share to Web” option. This allows anyone with the link to access the template.
- Turn on the “Allow Duplicate as Template” option. If you want people to tweak the template to suit their needs, enable the “Allow Editing” option too.
Copy the template’s URL to your clipboard, so you can share the link with anyone who wants to access and duplicate your template for personal use.
If you’re having a hard time mastering the Notion app or you feel the software’s learning curve is steep, check out other note-taking and organizing software to compare and figure out what works best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add templates from Notion.site if I use the free Notion plan?
Yes! All Notion users can save pages from the Notion.site as templates on their private Notion Workspace.
Why can’t I see the “duplicate” option?
If you open a Notion.site link and the duplicate option is not in sight (at the top right corner of your screen), the creator did not enable the “Share” option. To duplicate such a page, request permission from the creator. Once they grant you access, you’ll be able to save it to your private Workspace.
Can I share a template I’ve created with people outside my Workspace?
Absolutely! To do this, invite them to your Workspace via email so that they can view and access the template as guests.
Image credit: Unsplash All screenshots by Tayo Sogbesan
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox