If multiple people have access to your Netflix account, you can create a Netflix profile for each user. Profiles allow different users to have their own separate space where they get their own recommendations, viewing history, and watch list. You can have up to 5 profiles on a Netflix account i.e., 4 profiles in addition to your own profile. Let’s check how to add and switch between Netflix profiles on TV, iPhone, Android, and computer.
Good to know: Netflix with Ads is now a thing in various regions across the world. Find out if it’s worth the investment.
How to Add a Profile on Netflix on TV
You can add a Netflix profile on TV from the main screen of the app or from your own profile.
1. From the Profiles Screen
- Open the Netflix app on your smart TV or a streaming device like Fire TV Stick.
- If you see the “Choose a profile” screen, go to the “+” (Add profile) button and select it.
- Name the profile and select the “Next” button on the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the “Icon” option if you want to change the profile picture of the newly created profile.
- Tick the box next to “For Children” if the profile is for kids.
- Go to “Done” and select it to create a new Netflix profile on TV.
2. From Within Your Own Profile
- Open the Netflix app on your TV.
- If you have already selected your profile, open the left sidebar in the Netflix app by pressing the left navigation button on the TV’s remote. Then, select your profile in the sidebar.
- You will reach the “Choose a profile” screen. Select the “+” (Add profile) button at the bottom.
- Then, follow steps #3-#6 of the above method.
Tip: Find out which is best between Netflix and Amazon Prime.
How to Add a Netflix Profile on iPhone and Android
There are two ways to add a profile on Netflix from an Android phone or iPhone, as shown below.
1. From First Screen of App
- Open the Netflix app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- You will be greeted by the “Who’s watching” screen. Tap on “Add profile.”
- Enter the name of the person you want to assign the profile to in the profile name box. If it’s for a child, enable the toggle next to “Children’s profile.”
Pro Tip: Tap on the “Pencil (Edit)” icon under the image to change the profile picture of the profile.
- Press on “Save” to create a new Netflix profile. The profile will show up on the “Who’s watching” screen.
2. From Within a Netflix Profile
You don’t need to close the Netflix app if you are already within your Netflix profile. You can create a new profile from there:
- On the home screen on your Netflix profile, tap on your profile picture icon at the top-right corner.
- Tap on “Add profile” under “Profiles & more.” You may also tap on “Manage profile”s followed by “Add profile.”
- Give a name to your profile and enable the “Children’s profile” toggle if the profile is for kids.
- Tap on “Save” to add the new profile to your Netflix account.
Tip: Learn how to download Netflix content to watch offline.
How to Add a Profile on Netflix on a PC
Like TV and mobile phones, you can create a new Netflix profile on a computer in two ways.
1. From Home Screen
- Open Netflix on your PC in a browser or in the app.
- If you are greeted by the “Who’s watching” screen, click on the “Add profile” button.
- Name the profile and select the “Child” option if the profile is for kids. Hit the “Continue” button.
2. From Within a Profile
- Open the Netflix home page from your profile.
- Click on your profile picture icon at the top right and select “Manage profiles” from the menu.
- Click on the “Add profile” button on the Manage profiles page.
- Enter a name for the profile. Check the box next to “Child” if it’s for kids.
- Click on “Continue” and the profile will be created.
How to Switch Profiles on Netflix on TV
To switch from one Netflix profile to another on TV or a streaming device like Fire TV Stick, follow these steps:
- Open the Netflix app on your TV.
- If you see the “Choose a profile” screen, just select the profile that you want to use.
- If you have already chosen a profile, press the left navigation button on the remote to open the left sidebar in the Netflix app.
- Select your current profile to go to the screen where you can switch to a different profile.
- Select the profile that you want to switch to.
Tip: Check out the best keyboard shortcuts for Netflix.
How to Switch Between Netflix Profiles on iPhone and Android
After you’ve created multiple profiles on your Netflix account, you can easily switch between them even on mobile. Here’s how.
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile.
- If you see the “Who’s watching” screen, select the profile that you want to use.
- However, if you have already selected a profile, tap on the profile picture icon in the top right of the home screen.
- Then, select the profile that you want to switch to.
How to Switch Between Netflix Profiles on PC
- Open Netflix on your PC.
- On the “Who’s watching” screen, select the preferred profile to use.
- If you are within a Netflix profile, click on the profile picture icon in the top right and select the desired profile from the menu.
Tip: Fell in love with a movie’s soundtrack? Here’s how you can identify songs from films and TV shows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to create separate profiles on each device you're using Netflix on?
No. Profiles will automatically sync to your account. For instance, if you add a new Netflix profile on your iPhone, it will automatically show up on the Netflix app on your TV, PC, and Android phone.
Who can create profiles on your Netflix account?
Any user or profile who has access to your Netflix account can create new profiles.
What is a Kids profile on Netflix?
A Kids or Children’s profile is a custom Netflix profile designed specifically for young viewers. It has a simple user interface and shows content designed for kids. This type of profile doesn’t have access to account settings and Netflix games.
How to fix it if you are unable to add a new profile?
You can only have 5 profiles per account. If you are unable to create a new profile, you must delete one of the existing profiles. If that also doesn’t help, try signing out from your Netflix account.
How to add a PIN to a Netflix profile?
If you want to restrict access to a particular Netflix profile, you can protect it with a PIN. You can add a PIN to your profile only from a computer. Click your profile picture in the upper right corner and select “Account.” Expand to view options for the profile in question under the “Profile & parental Control” section. Click on “Profile Lock.” Enter your Netflix password. Then, check the box next to “Require a PIN” and add a 4-number PIN. Select “Save.”
All screenshots by Mehvish Mushtaq
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox