Instagram added a new way for users to interact with their followers called “Add Yours.” If you’ve been on the social network recently, you’ve probably noticed a large abundance of people using this new sticker in their Stories. If you, too, would like to try it out, follow this tutorial and learn how to activate the option in your Stories as well.
What Is Instagram’s New “Add Yours” Sticker?
The new feature can be added in Stories. It will allow viewers to respond to the post by adding their own pictures.
For instance, someone can make a post about a book they are reading this week and prompt their followers to add pictures of what they are reading. Instagram initially tested the feature in Indonesia and Japan last month before extending its availability to everyone.
How to Add an “Add Yours” Sticker to Your Instagram
If you wish to create your own “Add Yours” sticker follow these steps to start using the new feature. Since you can only create Instagram Stories from the app, we are using the Android version for this tutorial.
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile phone.
- In your feed, tap on the “+” button in the top-right corner and select Story. Alternatively, simply swipe left on your screen to bring up the Story screen.
- Take a photo or select one from the camera roll.
- Now it’s time to edit the story. Tap on the Sticker icon at the top.
- Select the “Add Yours” option. You should be able to view at the top.
- You’ll be asked to write your prompt for your Story. Invite people to share their experiences.
- If you’re not sure what to write, tap on the dice at the bottom, and Instagram will come up with some suggestions.
- Position the Sticker anywhere you like on the screen, and when you are ready, press “Your Story” to have the Story posted. It will only be visible to your followers.
Once you’ve shared the Story, you can go back to your post and tap on the sticker to see what your followers have contributed to the thread.
How to Use the New “Add Yours” Feature
You may run across Stickers when you’re checking out the latest Stories posted by your Followers. When you see an “Add Yours” Sticker, simply press on the sticker (not the text underneath). This will show you all the people who have contributed to the thread. Tapping on their profile image will reveal the stories they shared.
If you’re not sure what to post, this is a great way to get some inspiration. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll notice a blue button that says “Add Yours.” Tap it to add your own Story.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to see what others have posted, simply tap on the “Add Yours” text underneath the prompt to immediately go to the camera app where you can take a picture or select from the ones you already have in your gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I can’t see the “Add Yours” sticker. What can I do?
Like is often the case when new features are rolled out, not everyone will get access at the same time. This means some users might still have to wait until the new “Add Yours” sticker hits their respective region.
2. My “Add Yours” sticker is not working properly. What now?
You can try exiting and opening the app again or checking to see if an update has been made available for your app. Go to the Play Store and search for Instagram. If you see an “Update” button underneath, it means an update is available. If you update the app, and the feature is still not working, you may want to try restarting your device.
3. What other Stickers can I use to enhance my Stories?
Instagram can be a great place to socialize and meet new people. Recently, the app introduced the option to create collaborative posts, which will allow you to get creative with someone on the social network. If, on the other hand, you’ve spotted a nice Story you’d like to keep, get up to speed on how you can download Instagram Stories and Highlights from Instagram.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox