Would you rather switch Google or Gmail Accounts on your Android phone than open a new one on different devices? Then this guide is for you.
When setting up a new Android device, most people will add their primary Google/Gmail account as part of the setup process. However, down the road, some of us may want to switch it to another Google account (it could be your company account or your secondary Google account). Luckily, Google has made it possible to switch Google or Gmail Accounts without a factory reset.
Before you switch accounts, you have to add the account you want to switch on to.
How to Add Google or Gmail Accounts
1. Go to the “Settings” on your phone.
2. Under Settings, you will find a tab called Accounts. You will see this tab under different headings, depending on the model of your phone.
3. When you open the Accounts tab, you will find a list of your social media, email and storage accounts.
4. Below the list, you will find a tab “Add Account.”. Click on this.
5. The button does what it says. It allows you to add accounts for all the different apps it had listed earlier under the Accounts tab. Click on “Google”.
6. Enter the details of the account – your email or phone number and password. You can also create a new Gmail account by clicking the “Create new account” button.
7. The phone adds your new account after following the process of adding your email. You can check by clicking the Google tab. You will see both (or more) accounts listed.
How to switch Google or Gmail Accounts
1. Go to Settings on your phone and find the Google tab.
2. Scroll down till you find the “Search & Now” tab.
3. Under this tab, you will see another tab – Accounts & Privacy, click on this. The tab should be the first on the list under “Search & Now”.
4. Under the Account & Privacy tab, the first tab on the list is “Google Account”. Click on this, and it will pop open a menu where you can then select your preferred account. You can also choose to logout your account here by clicking the “Sign out” option.
If you don’t want to switch Google or Gmail Accounts but want to delete them, here is what you do.
1. Go to your phone’s Settings.
2. Scroll down and click on the Accounts tab.
3. Click on Google.
4. Select the Account you want to delete.
5. Click on the three dots in the top right corner. Click on “Remove Account” on the menu that pops up.
To Wrap It Up
Be sure this is what you want to do though as it removes all contacts and information stored on that account. We recommend that until you are sure you can do without the account, you switch Google or Gmail Accounts.