Are you constantly checking your Google Analytics data and looking for an easier way to keep up with it? If so, the Google Analytics Dashboard plugin for WordPress will be perfect for you.
The plugin will give you access to your Google Analytics data right from your blog’s dashboard, thus saving you time. Additionally, the plugin also allows you to embed parts of your data into a blog post or anywhere else within your WordPress theme.
For now, I’m going to show you how to add Google Analytics to your WordPress dashboard.
1. Before installing the plugin, you should already have your Google Analytics tracking code installed on your blog. You can either get this from your Google Analytics account or use a WordPress plugin like Google Analytics for WordPress to insert the code for you.
2. Go to your installed plugins and click on “Add New” at the top of the page. Alternately, you can also go to the “Add New” submenu under the Plugins menu.
3. Search for the “Google Analytics Dashboard” plugin, install and activate it.
4. Go to the “Google Analytics Dashboard” submenu under your Settings menu. You’ll need to go here to login into your Google account using OAuth and grant the plugin access to your Analytics account.
5. Once directed back to your blog, you’ll see the plugin’s settings. Choose the appropriate Google Analytics profile that you want to track on your dashboard and customize the rest as you’d like. You can also choose which user roles can view the Google Analytics data.
6. It may take a while for your data to show up, so you may need to check back later. However, the final result is the screenshot you see below.
All done. Now you can see a glimpse of your Google Analytics data whenever you want.