Background music helps you stay focused on whatever task you are doing, and it helps you feel relaxed even at the most stressful times. If you use an Android device, you now have a way to add background music to the apps. That way the apps that you use will have something to play in the background while you get your work done.
You are free to choose whatever track you wish to play in the background of the apps. It could be your favourite song or just an ambient music track to help you relax – the choice is all yours.
Other than the apps on your device, it also works for the launcher. The reason for this is because Android considers your home-screen interface – a.k.a launcher – as an app, therefore it can also have background music in it.
Adding Background Music to Any App on Your Android Device
In order to do this you are going to use an app called Tasker that lets you assign a number of automatic tasks on your device. Here’s how to use it.
1. Download and install the Tasker app on your Android device.
Note: The apk you download from the Tasker site is only a trial version. It will expire after seven days. To get the full version you can purchase and download it from the Play store.
2. Once the app is installed, head to “Menu -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Tasker” on your device, and turn on the option for the Tasker app. It should allow the app to use accessibility features on your device.
3. Launch the Tasker app from the app drawer.
4. Make sure that you are in the Profiles tab in the app. Tap on the “+” (plus) sign in the bottom panel to create a new profile.
5. You should see a number of options for which you can create a profile. Since we are going to add background music to the “apps,” we will select “Application.” Tap on it, and it will let you move forward.
6. Tap on “All” in the bottom-right corner so that it shows all the apps installed on your device. Once that is done, select the app that you wish to add the background music to.
In the example below, I have selected the Launcher app.
7. Press the back button on your device to get back to the previous screen. Now, tap on the option that says “New Task” to add a new task to the profile that you just created above.
8. Enter a name for the task; it could be any name of your choice. Then, click the icon next to the name field to move forward.
9. Tap on the “+” (plus) sign in the bottom panel to add an action to the task.
10. On the next screen type in “Music Play” in the filter box, and select the option that says “Music Play.” This is what will cause the music to play in the background while you use apps on your device.
11. On the following screen tap on the file icon next to “File” and select the music file that you wish to play in the background. Checkmark the box that says “Loop” so that the music file plays continuously.
When that is done, press the back button two times so that you are back to the Profiles tab.
12. Long-press on the Task name, and select “Add Exit Task.” What it will do is stop the music from playing when you exit the app on your device.
13. Enter a name for the exit task; again, it could be anything of your choice. Then, tap on the icon next to the name field to move forward.
14. Tap on the “+” (plus) icon in the bottom panel to add an action to the task.
15. Type in “Music Stop” in the filter box, and tap on it when it appears on your screen.
16. You do not need to change anything on the screen that follows. Just press the back button two times to get back to the main screen of the Tasker app.
17. In the Profiles tab, long-press on your launcher name and select “Add” followed by “State.” What you are doing here is telling the app not to play the background music while your display is turned off.
18. Tap on “Display” on the following screen.
19. Select “Display State” on the next screen as you are modifying the task according to the state of your screen.
20. Tap on the “Is” drop-down menu and select “On.” This tells the app that the music should only play when your device’s screen is turned on.
When that is done, press the back button.
21. You should now see the following on your screen. It shows how the entire procedure of background music works.
From now on, the selected background music track should begin playing as soon as you launch the chosen app. In my case, it’s the launcher app that will trigger the background music when I launch it.
Apps are not just about the visuals, and the above way helps you add a touch of background music to make them more enjoyable.