Managing multiple Twitter accounts can be tedious, especially if you want to maintain a consistent online presence in all of them. While a lot Twitter clients like TweetDeck and Hootsuite provide support for multiple Twitter accounts, these do not provide all-access administrative features that the main Twitter app allows. Sometimes, you have to manage your account directly from the official Twitter app. Fortunately, there is a Chrome extension called QuickTweet. QuickTweet provides a dedicated shortcut icon on the browser’s add-on bar so you can quickly access multiple Twitter accounts with just a few clicks.
1. Install the QuickTweet extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. After installing the extension, you should see a Twitter icon on the top right corner of your browser.
3. Click on this and click on the link inside the pop up to configure QuickTweet.
4. You should now see the QuickTweet Options page. Click on the link to view the instructions for filling out the form below.
5. Enter a name for each of your Twitter accounts, bearing in mind that this will be the name shown on the QuickTweet shortcut icon.
6. Enter the user name for each Twitter accounts. This is the same user name you use to log in to the actual Twitter website.
7. It is optional to enter the passwords. If you don’t enter a password, the shortcut will lead you to Twitter’s login page, and will prompt you for the password. If a password is provided, then Twitter automatically logs you in your Twitter account.
Note that QuickTweet assures your password is encrypted and stored in your computer. Passwords are stored along with this data encrypted using 256 bit AES encryption. Despite this security, it is not recommended to use this extension on public computers.
8. Once you have the information filled out, you can choose to tick on the box beside “Always use current tab” if you want the Twitter page to load on the same tab that is currently open.
9. Click “Save” to apply all the settings.
10. To check, you can now click on the QuickTweet icon again. You should see all your Twitter names on the list. Click on a name to open the desired account.
Note that the extension allows for up to 10 Twitter accounts for now.
There is no denying that Twitter is a great tool for establishing online presence and connecting with people you care about. It doesn’t necessarily have to take a lot of your time, and QuickTweet is just one of those helpful tools to make the best of Twitter.
If you find that other Twitter clients are too limited, and want the freedom that the official Twitter app gives, then this extension might suit you better. QuickTweet is a breeze to set up, and there’s absolutely no advanced technical skills required to manage all your Twitter accounts.