There are so many social networks out there and only so much time in the day to share to them all. While Google+ has become the quickest growing network among them, many social networkers want to be able to reach out everywhere. Since these social networks compete for traffic, there are no options to share to multiple networks unless you find tricks and tools to do it. With the Extended Share for Google+ extension for chrome, you can share to multiple social networks from the comfort of Google+.
Why share to multiple social networks?
Every social network is different and offers new opportunities for users. If you are connected to family and friends, they might only use one network to stay in the loop. If you are on a different network, being able to share in both places without taking too much time can keep everyone up to date. Maybe you run a blog and want to promote it in different places. By being able to share to multiple social networks, you can reach a larger audience than sticking to a single network.
How to use Extended Share for Google+
1. Open Google Chrome and head to the Chrome Web Store page for Extended Share for Google+.
2. Click “Add to Chrome.”
3. Confirm the installation of the new extension and what it can do in Chrome by clicking “Add.”
4. After installation, you will be redirected to a new tab in Chrome introducing you to the Extended Share for Google+ options.
5. Click on the different social networks that you want to be able to share to.
6. You will have the option to customize some of the ways Extended Share for Google+ works for you.
7. You can choose whether or not the familiar pop-up window will appear when you share so that you do not navigate away from the original page. Additional options are choosing whether links appear by themselves or whether they direct users back to Google+ and whether you should be alerted when Extended Share for Google+ is updated.
Click “Close” in the bottom right hand corner of the options when you are finished with the settings.
8. Login to Google+ and post a status update.
9. Click the “Drop Down Arrow” to gain access to the social networks you added in step 6.
Now, click the “Facebook Icon.”
10. A pop-up window will appear for you to share the status update on Facebook. If you are not logged into Facebook, you will be prompted to login. If you are already logged in, you can add your own message and Google+ will link to the post on your behalf for others to check out. Click “Share Link” to post your Facebook update from Google.
11. Head over to Facebook and you will see the post in your feed.
12. You can repeat steps 8 through 10 to access the other social networks you added in Extended Share for Google+.
Extended Share for Google+ gives social networkers the chance to share to multiple social networks without having to bounce from network to network to make it happen.
Would you like to see social networks make it easier to share between each other?
Receive the latest update in your inbox.