Do you like to schedule your tweets so that your Twitter account remains active throughout the day? Are you looking for an easy way to set up a tweet buffer with useful links and information for your followers?
There are many online tools that let you schedule tweets, but in some cases it may be easier to use your email. So, if you’re looking to schedule your tweets by email, here’s what to do.
1. We’re going to use a tweet scheduling service called Dopo.io. Go to the website and click on the “login with Twitter” button at the top right of the page.
2. Grant Dopo.io permission to access your account and you’ll be taken to your Dopo.io dashboard.
3. Take note of your “unique address” on the right side of the page under your name. This is the email address you’ll use to send tweet to your Dopo.io buffer. Be sure to add your unique address as an email contact.
4. Next you’ll want to change your delivery schedule. Dopo.io can send out up to four tweets a day. You can change the default times by clicking on the “change” link right below your unique address.
5. Enter the times (in military format) that you want your tweets to be sent out. You can only enter full hours; anything other than that will be rounded to the nearest hour.
You can use the digital time format (i.e. 2:00, 14:00) or whole numbers (i.e. 2, 14). Press Enter to save your times.
6. When you’re ready to schedule a tweet, send an email in plain text to your unique address. Be sure to use “buffer” as the subject of your email. Remember that only the first 140 characters will be tweeted.
You can have a maximum of 15 tweets in your buffer at any time. You can also send tweets from any email address, as long as you send it to your unique address. On your dashboard you can see which email addresses have sent tweets to your buffer; this makes Dopo.io a great collaboration tool as well.
7. You can also send multiple tweets in one email if you’d like. Just separate each tweet with an empty line.
8. If you need to delete a tweet, you can login to Dopo.io and do so from the dashboard. Unfortunately, reordering is not supported right now.
That’s all there is to scheduling your tweets by email with Dopo.io.
Receive the latest update in your inbox.