Flickr has been my favorite photo sharing website for years. This is because Flickr is so easy to navigate and I always find the best images for my articles and projects at Flickr.
Flickr is also a great place for photo sharing, you can create photo sets and upload photos to your Flickr account for free. The photos can be tagged, you can join Flickr groups of your choice and participate in the community to start a discussion.
But sometimes, I need to schedule photo uploads to my Flickr account. Let’s take an example to understand this.
Suppose I am on a Family trip and have been taking photos of tourist places. I want to share all the photos which I take during the trip with my friends and followers. It would be a great idea when I can tell all my followers that I will be uploading all the images on Saturday at 10 AM.
But the problem comes when I am not in front of the computer or have no access to internet at that particular time. In such situations you have to upload photos to a third party site and schedule the updates to your Flickr account.
Following are the steps involved to schedule Flickr photo uploads:
Using a Third party Service to Schedule Flickr Uploads
Using a website to schedule Flickr photo uploads have the advantage that you don’t have to download or install anything. Follow the simple steps mentioned below:
1. Login to your Flickr account and go to this page to find the uploading Email address. An uploading Email address is a unique address which can be used by you to upload photos to your Flickr account from your email client or a third party web service.
2. Go to Flickrq.com and register for a Free account. The site uses the WordPress platform, so don’t get surprised if you see a registration and login page similar to WordPress.
3. After registration, login to your FlickrQ account dashboard and click “Click here to proceed”
4. In the next step, enter the secret email address which you received from your Flickr account on step 1. You can also put a signature in the signature text box, this will be useful when you want to automatically add a description to your uploaded pictures.
On the “Default Upload Interval” drop down, select the time when you would want to schedule a photo upload to your Flickr account. There are a wide number of options – 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week and 4 weeks.
If you want to receive email notifications of automatic photo uploads, remember to select the checkbox “Please send me email notifications” and then save all the changes.
5. You are all set, now all you have to do is upload some photos in the FlickrQ Dashboard and then schedule it. Login to your FlickrQ dashboard and click the “Upload photos” link. Then drag and drop the pictures in the right panel, as shown below:
You can upload as many images as you want, just select all of them in your computer and drag them in the browser window. Once that’s done, hit the big Green bottom and the photos will be uploaded.
6. When the upload is complete, click “Your Photos” link in the sidebar and then add a suitable title, description and add tags to the photos.
Then pick a date and time when you would want to schedule the photo upload process. You can pick any date of the month and select a preferred time when the photo will be available in your Flickr account. Hit “Queue” and it’s done !
In the same way you can queue as many photos as you want and all of them will be available under the “Queued Photos” section. FlickrQ will upload all the photos to your Flickr account at the set date and time. Great!
Using a Desktop Tool to Upload Photos to Your Flickr Account
If you are a pro photographer and want to use a desktop application to schedule Flickr photo uploads, try Schedulr
It’s a free software which lets you upload photos to your Flickr account in bulk. Using the software is very simple, first run the program and click the “Authorize” button to Authorize the application to upload photos to your Flickr account.
Once the authentication is over, drag and drop all the images in the Schedulr panel. You can add Title, Description and Tags of your photos and choose the Photoset where the picture will be uploaded.
The best part of Flickr Schedulr is that the application keeps a history of all the uploaded photos and can delete the photos from your disk, once the upload is complete. You can import or export the configuration data anytime, this will be useful when you want to use the application in any other computer.
The Software works perfectly with Windows7, Windows Vista and Windows XP and does not require any installation. You can unzip the package somewhere on your USB drive and use it from any computer you want . Make sure you check out some more tools which make Flickr User friendly.
Do you use any other tool to schedule photo uploads to your Flickr account? Please share your ideas in the comments section.
Receive the latest update in your inbox.