Do you have a lot of bookmarks saved in your Google Chrome Web browser? If you’ve been saving and constantly adding new bookmarks for months or even years, it’s inevitable that you’re going to have some links that are no longer valid.
You’ll probably also have a few duplicates here and there, since there’s no way that you can possibly remember every single bookmark you have. Meaning, you may often bookmark the same link.
Managing a large amonut of bookmarks is hard work, especially if you try to do it manually. One of the easiest ways to manage your bookmarks and automatically check for duplicates and bad links, is with the Chrome extension Bookmark Sentry.
Here’s how it works.
1. Install the Bookmark Sentry extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. As soon as it’s installed, the extension will automatically scan all of your bookmarks. Within seconds, you should see your scan results automatically open in a new tab; this process may take longer if you have a very large amount of bookmarks.
3. You should see all of your bookmark “problems” listed on the results page. You can manually check each problem (click on the link in the Bookmark column), and delete the bookmarks that are no longer valid (click on the X in the Delete column).
4. You are also free to do a manual scan at any time from the Bookmark Sentry Dashboard, located on its Options page (wrench -> Tools -> Extensions -> click on Options under Bookmark Sentry). Click on the “Scan Now” button when you’re ready.
When the scan is done, the Bookmark Sentry Scan Results page will open up in a new tab, just as it did when you first installed the extensions.
5. From the Bookmark Sentry Dashboard, you can also schedule automatic daily, weekly, or monthly scans. Choose your preferred interval from the “schedule scan” menu; a monthly scan is already enabled by default. You can choose to check for just bad links, just duplicates, or both bad links and duplicates.
With Bookmark Sentry, you no longer have to worry about duplicate bookmarks or bad links; it does all of the work for you.
Receive the latest update in your inbox.
Or connect with us: