Recording sound on your Mac can be quite useful in many scenarios. You may want to record the sound while playing your game on your Mac or maybe you have just composed music that you would like to share with your friends. Either way, recording should be helpful. There is no need to scratch your head searching for a sound recorder as your Mac comes with one pre-installed, and all you need to do is just fire it up and it should start working. There is no cost involved in the process of recording, as everything is available free of cost. Here’s how you can record sound on Mac:
There are some other alternative ways to do the job, such as using Garageband or some other third-party tools. We have chosen the easiest method so you won’t have any issues getting the task done.
Recording Sound on Your Mac
We are going to be using QuickTime Player to record the sound which you are very much familiar with. The recording option does exist in the app, in case you don’t know.
1. Open up Finder and click on the “Applications” tab in the left-sidebar. Double-click on the QuickTime app to launch it.
2. Click “File” from the menu and choose the option that says “New Audio Recording.” It will let you create a new recording on your Mac.
3. As soon as you click the option mentioned in the above step, a small box will appear on your screen containing a couple of options. You are all ready to start recording the sound. Simply click the red circle button and it should begin.
4. Once you are done with the recording, click the “Stop” button and it should stop recording any further.
5. You can then play the sound if you wish or save the file on your Mac. To save it, click on “File” followed by “Save.”
6. The screen that follows should ask you the name you want to use for your sound file. Enter the name and click “Save.” The file will be saved.
You are all done. Your sound has been recorded and is saved on your Mac to be used later. The quality used by the QuickTime Player is high, so make sure you do not record too much sound. If you do, just be ready to have your hard disk filled up with your sound files. You can now transfer this sound file to your other devices, like your iPhone, iPad, or even an Android phone as the sound format works on all of these.
While there may be a lot of other ways to record sound on a Mac, the method described here is FREE and easy to use. The next time you need to record something, make sure to make use of the guide above and you should be good to go.