Do you have the habit to read newspaper in the morning every day? How about reading it from your mobile devices or tablets? If that is so, you might love PressReader, the app that make reading newspaper on your mobile devices a breeze.
PressReader is a mobile app that works on Android, iOS, WebOS, Blackberry and even on Windows 7. It allows you to access and read 1800+ newspapers from all around the World, right in your devices. This will be very useful if you want to read news from other countries, or you are an expatriates wanting to receive news updates from your hometown. Whatever the reason, PressReader has made the whole reading process an easy task.
1. Download the app for your mobile device. (I tested this app with my Android Honeycomb tablet).
2. At the main page, you should see three tabs at the top: My Newspaper, Store and Settings. The first tab “My Newspaper” is where you find all the newspaper that you have downloaded.
When you open to read the newspaper, you can swipe left and right to navigate and zoom in and out to read the article. All the newspapers are in pdf format and come with high resolution.
3. The store tab is where you can search for the newspapers you want. You can sort the order by countries, language or by your favorites. Note that it doesn’t support every single newspaper in every countries. For my country – Singapore, it only supports TODAY, which is a free publication. The most read newspaper – Straits Times, is not available.
4. After you have found the newspaper you want to read, you can tap on it to download (Note: the downloading of newspaper is not free. You can either pay $0.99 per download or a monthly fee of $29.99 for unlimited downloads). It will then prompt you to select the date that you want to download for this newspaper. Optionally, you can get it to automatically deliver all new issues.
5. The Settings tab is where you manage your account and subscription matters.
As a newspaper app, I think PressReader has done a great job. You can easily access countless newspapers from all over the world and have them automatically deliver to your device everyday. The quality of the print is fabulous and the user interface is intuitive.
Will I use it on a daily basis? The answer is No. The reason is because I feel that the price is too high. While I love to read newspaper on my tablet, I don’t really read a lot of newspaper, especially overseas newspaper. In addition, the only newspaper it has for my country of selection is a free publication that I download it easily, it doesn’t make sense for me to pay $0.99 or $29.99 for something that I can get for free. Nevertheless, for those who love to read news from all over the world, this is definitely a great app to go for.
Visit PressReader to grab the download link for your devices
Receive the latest update in your inbox.