In Make Tech Easier, we aim to cover as many tech-related tutorials as possible and make them easy to follow. However, I must admit that we are short of manpower and we only cover tech related stuff. What Tildee does is to allow any people to create a tutorial easily on any topic and share it with their friends. It also contains a good library of the how-to articles where you can search for help.
Here’s how it works.
1. Go to Tildee.com. Click on the “Create New Tutorial” button at the top right corner.
2. Enter a title for your tutorial. Start your tutorial in the “Step 1″ field. The most common approach is to write, but you can also upload/embed a Google map, video or image to your instruction.
3. If you need to explain your tutorial in more than a step, click the “click here to insert new step” link.
4. Once you are done with your tutorial, simply click “Add my tutorial” and it will go live. You can choose to leave your email address or leave it as anonymous. I would advise you to leave your email address as it allows you to access to your tutorials and/or edit them in the future.
5. Lastly, you can share the tutorial with your friends.
If you are not keen to create your own tutorials, you can also search the library for the tutorials that other people have created. Either you perform a search with the search bar at the top of the page, or click on the “Best tutorials” link to check out the tutorials.
There are times where you need to explain certain technical stuff to your friends, or mum, and they have completely no idea what you are talking about. Tildee is a good way to create a simple tutorial so they can simply read and follow. You don’t have to maintain a website. All you need to do is to write, click and publish. That’s it.