If you are running a business, you will know the importance of branding. A good (or bad) brand can single-handedly make or break your business. In the online world, there are multiple ways for you to promote your brand. One of them is to create a beautiful browser theme (with your brand on it) and distribute it to your users/readers/community. BT:Engage is one site that allows you to do it effortlessly.
Of course, if you are technical-savvy enough, you can create your own browser theme from scratch. But BT:Engage, with simple click and configure layout, has made it easy for the rest of us who know nothing about coding to create our own theme. Here is how it works:
1. Create an account with BT:Engage. Note: BT:Engage is still in beta and you will need an invite to be able to create an account. (Yes, we have an invite for you. Refer to the end of this article for more detail).
2. Once you have logged in, it will direct you to the theme design area. Here you will see two sections: the top section showing the header of the browser (the part where the theme will appear) and the bottom section with all the custom background and images that you can use.
3. As a start, you can click on any background at the bottom section and it will be applied to the header immediately. You can then drag and resize it to suit your needs.
4. There is the logo tab where you can click and add your own logo to the theme. All logo will be placed at the left corner, beside the Back/Forward button.
5. The “Buttons” feature is what made BT:Engage really useful. You can add custom buttons or quick shortcut to your theme to provide a one-click access to your site. For example, I have added several buttons to provide a one-click access to the various categories of Make Tech Easier.
6. Once you are done with your design, click “Finish”. It will then proceed to create the Firefox and Internet Explorer theme extension for your design. It will also be automatically be populated to the gallery where people can browse and download the theme. Optionally, you can also download the extension and distribute it in your site.
The BT:Engage team has gladly us provided us with an invitation code to share with all of you. Go to BT-engage, enter the invitation code “maketech” (without the quote) and you will be able to sign up for an account.
BT:Engage is a product of BrandThunder.
Receive the latest update in your inbox.
Or connect with us: