Are you an avid Spotify user? If you’re unfamiliar with Spotify, it’s a digital streaming music service that gives you access to millions of free songs; you can play these songs as much as you’d like. You can also create playlists, add cool apps to your account, and see what your Facebook friends are listening to.
Personally, I use Spotify just about every day when I’m in my personal office; music is a great motivator and really helps to boost my productivity. However, one of the things I’ve noticed about Spotify is that there’s no internal equalizer, so you can’t boost the quality of Spotify music, and it often sounds kind of flat.
Equalify is a free Windows program that can boosts the quality of Spotify music. It’s really easy to install and even easier to use.
1. Download the Equalify installer. Before installing, make sure that the Spotify app is closed on your computer. You may also have to reboot after installation – you’ll be prompted to do so if needed.
2. Once installed, start Spotify and play a song. You will not see the “EQ” button until you start playing a song, so don’t be alarmed if you don’t immediately see it. Once the song starts playing, you should see the “EQ” button beside the Spotify search bar.
3. Click on “EQ” to open the equalizer, then click on the on/off button (the first button). This will turn the equalizer on.
4. You can change the presets manually and save any custom presets that you create, or you can use a default preset. To do this, click on the Preset button (the last button), and from the menu that pops up, go to default and choose one of the default presents.
Choosing the one that sounds best to you will of course take some trial and error. It always takes me five to ten minutes to find the one that fits my music perfectly.
5. You can use the “Reset” button (next to on/off) to reset your preset settings and start over if needed. You may also want to use the automatic pre-amp Limiter button (next to the preset button) to make sure your music won’t distort or clip while Equalify is in use.
6. You can keep the equalizer showing or click on “EQ” to hide it.
That’s it! Boosting the quality of Spotify music has never been easier and you’ll definitely notice a difference right away – I sure did.
Receive the latest update in your inbox.