If you are a proud owner of an Android phone and also a heavy alarm clock user, you will know that the default alarm clock app in Android phone does not provides you with lot of options, especially the ringtone. If you are looking to choose from a wide range of songs/ringtones that you are going to wake up with, you are going to be disappointed. There are effectively only one option (another is silent mode) and that is the irritating buzzer alarm.
Luckily, it is very easy to add custom ringtones to your alarm clock, so you don’t have to wake up with the irritating buzzer alarm.
1. First connect your Android phone to the computer, via USB cable.
2. Mount your phone’s SD card to the computer.
3. Create a new folder call “alarms” (without the quotes) in the main directory of the SD card.
4. Copy all your favorite alarm clock ringtones to the folder.
5. Unmount the card.
6. Start the alarm clock app. You should now see your favorite ringtone in the selection field.
The same trick can also apply to the call ringtone and notification tone. Simply create two folders, “ringtones” and “notifications” and place the songs in them. They will appear in the respective settings of your phone.